Apache Unomi: The Open Source Customer Data Platform
Apache Unomi is a Java Open Source customer data platform, a Java server designed to manage customers,
leads and visitors data and help personalize customers experiences while also offering features to respect visitor privacy rules (such as GDPR)
Why would you need a Customer Data Platform ?
Organizations collect data from multiple sources and channels - sales, web, emails, mobile, brick and mortar - and all of this data is spread across different departments and technologies. As a result, many professionals are lacking the data they need to do their job, especially data analysts and marketers.
A customer data platform helps business users collect all the customer data in one place, providing a complete view of the customers. When the data is collected, the customer data platform will also play a key role in choosing which content or offer is more relevant to a customer.
The Apache Unomi advantage ?
Each organization is unique and will always have specific needs, this is why Apache Unomi has been designed to be extended and to ease the integration of external data. The embedded features such as segmentation, scoring and built-in privacy will be appreciated by business users while horizontal scalability and open source positioning will be loved by developers and architects.
Apache Unomi is also the reference implementation of the upcoming OASIS Context Server (CXS) standard (https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/cxs/) to help standardize personalization of customer experience while promoting ethical web experience management and increased user privacy controls.
Business cases based on Apache Unomi ?
- Build a web personalization software to adapt the content on your website to your audience
- Collect data from mobile application and feed Apache Unomi to track and understand your customers’ journeys
- Connect the beacons deployed in your stores to Apache Unomi and consolidate the profile of your customers and leads across all these channels
- Automatically push profiles from Apache Unomi to your CRM when a lead reach a given number of points in one of your scoring plans
Apache Unomi logical architecture
All communication is done using HTTP REST requests and JSON data formats.
- Uses ElasticSearch for data storage, dynamic data structure
- Highly scalable architecture
- Very simple to deploy and install (simply unzip & run)
- Uses Apache Karaf as the OSGi runtime
- Full & simple REST API
- Extensible through plugin architecture (using OSGi & simple JSON descriptors)
- Apache Open Source project
For IT stakeholders and business users
- First-Party Data Collection and Ownership
- Persistent and consolidated profiles for all your audience (customers & leads), storing anonymous and personally identifiable information
- Regulation-proof and privacy management built-in
- Real-Time Decisioning (Scoring logics, segmentation)
- Open standard, easy integration and extension
- 2018-09-10 Released version 1.3.0-incubating
- 2017-09-28 Released version 1.2.0-incubating
- 2017-07-19 New Salesforce CRM connector contributed
- 2016-10-04 Released version 1.1.0-incubating
- 2016-05-22 Released version 1.0.0-incubating
- 2015-11-23 Initial code base import in Git repository
- 2015-11-20 Added Apache Maturity Model report page
- 2015-11-13 Initial web site created
- 2015-10-20 JIRA, mailing lists, git, website space created.
- 2015-10-05 Project enters incubation.
Articles & slides
Checkout the latest articles and slides
Apache Unomi is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.